As you last remember, I haven’t mentioned the greenhouse project for a while. Not since the end of April! Progress has been painfully slow, which is depressing. Work at the project house, bad weather and renovation fatigue (among numerous other distractions) have conspired to slow the pace down.
Nature has a way of getting our attention — sometimes in a humorous manner. Today nature reminded me that I have been neglecting my greenhouse project in an amusing way. I was greeted this morning by a large tumbleweed which had decided to stop tumbling and block the entrance to the greenhouse. A thought hit me over the head like a ton of bricks: “You’ve got to start working on this thing again!”
And I have started to work on it again… the first step was to remove the offending tumbleweed. I’d really like to be able to use it by this summer. Once I’ve finished framing and enclosing it, I will carve out the center aisle and build an interior retaining wall on either side of it. Here’s how the project stands now… about a third of the way to completion: